We have a repeat client seeking a talented, enthusiastic and diligent Quantity Surveyor / Estimator to join their team.
The successful candidate will have a highly methodical approach, working with energy and enthusiasm, and bring experience of surveying, estimating and tender management to this new and demanding role. The candidate will be part of the client’s new work team, working with their bid coordinator and reporting directly to creative director.
This is a permanent full time role based in south east London.
You will be working on a range of projects, and within the client's team of directors, project managers, architects, operations manager and carpenters and fabricators.
Responsibilities and Duties
The main purpose for the role will consist of:
- Bid estimation on new and instructed work
- Collate and review tender documentation and understand scope and deliverables
- Providing surveying of both the cost and valuation assessment of works undertaken on site
- Collating and maintaining material information and costs from suppliers and subcontractors
- Preparing outline resource schedules and project management of all bids and cost submissions
- Clearly documenting and archiving design and/or procurement scope for reference
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience as a quantity surveyor and/or a project manager or estimator
- An in-depth understanding of the building and construction industry, as well as familiarity with working on large scale, high end and complex commercial and residential projects
- Excellent IT & spreadsheet skills
- Focused attention to detail and fantastic organisation skills
- The ability to read drawings and plans in detail
- Excellent communication skills with clients, other members of the team, suppliers and subcontractors
- A construction related degree or qualification, preferably in quantity surveying, is desirable but not a pre-requisite
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a multidisciplinary group of architects, designers, project managers and tradespeople. They are skilled in creative architecture, design, joinery, metalwork and finishes. They work all over the world on a range of diverse and exciting projects and installations.