Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute as part of a team in a QS role to completion on site and to final account & claims.
- Assist in checking contract arrangements within your area of responsibility to and from the client and sub-contractors.
- Review subcontractor documents
- Assist the Senior Surveyor with reporting the project financial position including project forecasting
- Take part in drafting appropriate contract documents, notifications and letters of entitlement & have them checked by others in the commercial team on site.
- Assist the Senior Quantity Surveyor in the preparation of full commercial reports for presentation to the Commercial Manager
- Work on contractual, financial and commercial issues to provide advice to the project team working with the Senior Quantity Surveyor when appropriate
- Assist with the collation and preparation of claims as required
- Identification and control of risks and opportunities
- Regular communication with project colleagues to ensure project delivery
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working within a Main Contractor in Hong Kong is desirable
- Civil Engineering project experience is preferred
- Excellent commAunication skills in both Cantonese and English
- Less experienced candidates will be considered for a junior role.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Professional membership e.g. MRICS, MHKIS is an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will be joining a well-established Hong Kong based Main Contractor involved with various large Civil Engineering and Building construction projects throughout Hong Kong. This is a site based role with the opportunity to gain some excellent experience working on an MTR project. Full details will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Salary circa HK$30,000 - HK$40,000 p/m dependant on experience
- Attractive Benefits
- Medical insurance
- Alternative Saturday working hours
- Year-end bonus scheme