Due to continued expansion in Asia a leading main contractor requires an experienced and capable Quantity Surveyor to join a site based team working on a large civil engineering project. This is a site based role and you will be required to assist with claims and valuation of variations. You will be reporting to the project Commercial Manager.
A large scale civil engineering construction project based in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contract administration
- Valuation and submission of variations
- Assist the Commercial Manager with claims work
- Maintenance of all commercial registers
- Liaise with project and accounts staff to compile all relevant information.
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner at all times
- Identify and minimise risks for the company and protect the company’s interests
- Any other Quantity Surveying duties as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Track record of working in Hong Kong as a Quantity Surveyor
- Experience with valuation of variations and claims related matters for a main contractor
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in English and Cantonese
- Competent IT skills and industry software knowledge
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Professional qualification such as MRICS/MHKIS is an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A well known international main contractor working on large scale construction projects in Hong Kong. They can offer excellent long term career opportunities with competitive salary and benefits.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary
- Generous yearly bonus scheme
- Medical insurance
- Future career development opportunities