Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist in preparing subcontract enquiries / quotation comparisons and subcontract documents.
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts.
- Preparing and responding to general correspondence to employers, suppliers, subcontractors and consultants including contractual correspondence.
- Ensuring that all verbal instructions are confirmed and that all relevant notices are issued in connection with variations.
- Manage, supervise and mentor your “reports” within the commercial structure.
- Recognising and advising Site Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
- Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense.
- Development and submission of claims for delay and disruption and loss and/or expense.
- Providing estimates and quotations for additional works.
- Procurement of non-domestic subcontractors and assisting Buying Department in procurement of domestic sub-contractors.
- Assist in providing commercial advice to the site team by advising and referral to more senior personnel.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience on Civils projects is strongly preferred
- You will have a comprehensive level of commercial experience preferably with a contracting organisation.
- Highly IT literate with good to advanced skill levels for MS Excel and MS Word.
- Be highly literate and able to write contractual letters and reports with ease
- Have previous experience of managing staff on site
- Ideally educated to degree level (BSc or higher) in Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying or similar.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring companies are a world class Main Contractor, predominantly specialising in the civils sector. They have a strong market name and strive on being the market leader within the civil engineering industry.