Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8246 Job Posted 12/10/2017 Region London Location London Salary £35k - £50k + car or car allowance Salary Band £30,000 to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A Quantity Surveyor vacancy exists to join a leading UK main contractor carrying out projects within the built environment in the London area. The successful candidate will join a highly regarded, large main contractor with a group turnover in excess of £800m. The company itself are a multi disciplinary main contractors, however you will join the building division of the company and work and typically work on large scale projects typically in excess of £30m in the built environment. The position would likely suit an ambitious Quantity Surveyor who already has experience of working on large scale building projects for a main contractor.
You can expect to be involved on large scale projects typically over £30m in the London area. Some projects that company have carried out have been well in excess of £100m giving you the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting projects in London.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Quantity Surveyor, your role will be to support the Commercial Manager on your assigned project. You will provide day to day assistance a various tasks whilst being given responsibility for specific packages on the project.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will have previous experience of working for a main contractor in the built environment
- You will have experience on new build projects
- You will have experience of managing your own projects / packages. Ideally of reasonable value (Circa £5m+)
- You will have a strong understanding of the QS role and be able to perform day-to-day tasks independently
Will be Degree qualified or hold a similar alternative qualification
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a nationally recognised, leading main contractor with a group turnover in excess of £800m. As a group they work in numerous location in the UK and overseas and often work on high value projects across a range of sectors. They are a well structured, large business with excellent opportunities for career progression.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£35k - £50k (DOE)
+ Car or car allowance
+ Benefits such as healthcare and pension
- Quantity Surveyor Kingston Upon-Thames, London - £42,000 - £48,000
- Quantity Surveyor Leicester, Leicestershire - £35k - £40k + car allowance + benefits
- Quantity Surveyor North West London - to cGBP45,000
- Quantity Surveyor Lincoln, Lincolnshire - GBP32,000-37,000
- Quantity Surveyor Manchester - to GBP40,000
Recommend this job to a friend
Send the details of this job to someone you think might be suitable.Recommend a friend