Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8730 Job Posted 13/06/2019 Region South East England Location Oxfordshire Salary Highly competitive Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Katie Keenan
An exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to work for one of the top construction consultancy firms in the UK. This is a chance to work on a wide variety of unique projects including some large scale industrial and commercial schemes with contract values over £30 million.
You will work with an interesting and varied client base including Schools/Universities, infrastructure, Healthcare, local authorities, contractors, sport and retail companies and developers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluate costs and advise on alternative proposals
- Provide advice on contract arrangements and conditions under which building will be constructed
- Advise architects and engineers on the cost implications of different construction methods, alternative choices of materials and size and quality of the project
- Ensure that each element is reconciled with the cost plan and that the overall project remains within budget
- Prepare tendering documents
- Manage the costs of projects during the construction stage and negotiate final accounts
- Take ownership and lead by example when it comes to client facing meetings, dealing with multi disciplined teams and project delivery
Desired Skills and Experience
- To be suitable for the role you should have demonstrable experience in a similar role within a consultancy environment
- You will have an inquisitive nature, analytical mind and high level of intellect
- You will be able to combine your excellent written and oral skills to produce considered and robust reports and recommendations
This company are looking for someone who can demonstrate a passion for their professionalism and a drive to push and challenge their own capabilities.
It is essential that candidates have an outgoing and approachable nature and a strong ‘can do’ attitude.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team offering excellent career progression prospects.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- On route to becoming a Chartered Quantity Surveyor, or Chartered already
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This company is in the UK top 20 property and construction consultancies and employs over 600 people. Core disciplines include Project Management, Cost Management, Building Surveying, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Services Engineering, Expert Witness & Advisory Services, Infrastructure Commercial Management and more.
In addition, they also provide a wide range of property consultancy expertise.
They have been successfully operating for many years across the UK and have delivered projects in numerous countries worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Generous Pension scheme
- Highly competitive salary
- Car allowance
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend