Responsibilities and Duties
You will be based in the South East Region, reporting to the Project Quantity Surveyor or the Regional Commercial Manager.
- Assisting with tender preparation including take off / measurement / risk analysis and advising on contractual matters.
- Preparing and responding to general correspondence to employers, suppliers, subcontractors and consultants including contractual correspondence
- Raising and responding to contractual notices, early warning notices, compensation events and variations, including negotiations with client / employer.
- Cost control, cost management and comparisons against budget and allowances. Preparing and updating financial reports throughout the project duration, including accurate and detailed monthly cost / value and cash flow management reports, weekly site costs, weekly cost trackers, commercial risk registers, material wastage reconciliations and other financial and commercial reports as required.
- Providing advice and offering commercial support to the project team on costs, contractual matters, commercial strategies and risk.
- Procuring Subcontractors/Consultants, including the preparation of Subcontract documents / Consultancy Orders.
- General and commercial administration and management of Subcontractors / Consultants from enquiry stage through to negotiation and settlement of final accounts including receiving and responding to subcontractor applications, notices, claims and variations, agreement of interim / final measures and additional work items, responding to notices, agreeing and raising interim payments, agreeing final accounts and reporting liabilities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Should demonstrate good understanding of the main civil engineering forms of contract such as ICC and NEC, with a working knowledge of the standard forms of construction contracts for both main and subcontract roles.
- Ideally educated to degree level (BSc or higher) in Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Excellent communication skills and confident in negotiating on behalf of the company with a proven ability to present written and persuasive arguments.
- Be able to understand and interpret drawings, specifications, contracts, methods of measurement and construction programmes.
- Candidates should have good general civils / remediation / earthworks experience and sound commercial and contractual knowledge, including ICC, NEC forms of contract if at all possible. We predominately act as Principal Contractor and many of our current projects are design and build, so candidates with similar experience would be preferable.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
As a multi-disciplined construction company, The company has the capability to undertake a wide range of civil engineering works in the role of design and build contractor, main contractor, sub contractor, or as a developer or development partner.