Summary of Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - South Yorkshire
A leading national main contractor is seeking a Quantity Surveyor to work on large building projects and to be based in the South Yorkshire region.
The successful candidate will work on construction projects up to £100m and largely be based on sites in and around South Yorkshire.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will work as part of a commercial team responsible for delivering the project. As the Quantity Surveyor on the project, you will provide commercial assistance to the Commercial Lead on the project with specific duties including but not specific to:
- Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense.
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts.
- Management of sub-contractors and sub-contractor payments
- Liaison with operational staff on the project to gain information where needed
- Managing materials take-off, enquiries, negotiation and procurement
- Ensuring that all verbal instructions are confirmed and that all relevant notices are issued in connection with variations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Candidates with a bias towards working for a main contractor or sub-contractor preferred
- Candidates should have some post qualification experience for a contractor ideally
- Previous experience of working on projects using the NEC contract would be an advantage, but not essential
- Highly IT literate, particularly in Microsoft Office
- Candidates should hold some form of formal qualification in Quantity Surveying or other relevant subject (ie BSc or HND or similar equivalent)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is one of the UK's largest and most respected main contractors with a top 20 turnover. They are specialists in construction projects nationwide and continuously operate on projects in excess of £100m offering candidates the opportunity to test themselves on large scale and challenging projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£28k - £38k Salary + Benefits (Depending on experience)