Summary of Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - Wakefield
A Quantity Surveyor is required to join a Main Civil Engineering contractor to be based in Wakefield. This is a permanent position either office or site based in/near Wakefield, and you will have the opportunity to work on many interesting £multi-million civil engineering projects with fantastic project exposure, with the opportunity to grow in your career as a Quantity Surveyor.
The projects you will be working on long term as a Quantity Surveyor will be varied in the civil engineering and infrastructure sector. The forms of contract will predominantly be civil engineering forms of contract including NEC and ICC, but not limited to these.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting with tender preparation including take off / measurement / risk analysis and advising on contractual matters as Quantity Surveyor.
- Management and control of contract costs and preparation of budgets.
- Interim applications for payment, measurement and the valuation of variations and negotiations relating to the final account with clients.
- Commercial administration of subcontracts from enquiry stage through interim payments to negotiations and settlement of final accounts.
- Cost control, management and comparisons against budget and allowances.
- Providing advice to the project team on costs, contractual matters and commercial strategies.
- Financial reporting in terms of cost, value cash and time.
- General management including the supervising of staff as necessary.
- Contractual correspondence including preparation of claims as necessary.
- Upholding and enforcing compliance with company systems and best practice.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Shown experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the civil engineering/infrastructure sectors.
- Should demonstrate good understanding of the main civil engineering forms of contract such as ICC and NEC.
- Highly IT literate with good to advanced skill levels for MS Excel.
- Be numerate with excellent commercial acumen.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in Commercial Management / Quantity Surveying or similar, though not essential.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a Main Contractor in the civil engineering and infrastructure sectors that operate regional offices around the UK, boasting great expertise of their local construction markets. The company has worked on some of the most prestigious projects in the UK, and more specifically construct roads, bridges, water retaining structures, and are also a specialist earthworks contractor. The head office is based in Essex.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- The company offer a generous benefits package.