Quantity Surveyors - All levels
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will be reporting into the Managing Quantity Surveyor and Project Manager. The chosen candidate will need to be able to work on multiple projects and be able to lead and drive the QS process and needs to a demanding schedule. This role will include both pre and post contract duties.
- You will be able to work on multiple projects and be able to lead and drive the QS process
- You will review the main contract and scope of works and buy packages back to back.
- You will manage or assist in the Contractual Management of awarded subcontracts up to Final Account.
- You will manage or assist in the management of Subcontractors’ payments and follow up reporting documents.
- You will manage the main contract to ensure compliance with all contractual obligations
- You will understand and take ownership of the project risks and opportunities.
- You will take ownership for optimum cost control, cash and contractual management.
- You will assist the Contracts Manager/Managing Surveyor in educating Site Engineers to BYUK’s D&B Subcontract obligations as well as other types of contract/subcontracts where applicable.
- You will be able to take ownership for optimum cost control, cash and contractual management.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You must have knowledge in tendering packages. In particular ensuring that packages are procured and fully compliant as well as closing all avenues for variations
- Previous experience of working for a main contractor on fast track new build / fit out / Refurb projects would be an advantage
- You will be a highly organised individual capable of dealing with multiple projects at different stages of completion including pre-contract work
- A relevant Degree or equivalent is desired. Other qualifications such as HNC and HND may be considered for candidates with good post qualification experience with a main contractor
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a top tier main contracting company who are a global force in the building, civil works, energy and services sectors. The hiring company in the UK has 10 offices around the UK with circa 1,700 employees in total and a turnover of over £800m and growing year on year.