Our client is looking for a seasoned Quarry Manager to work on one of the largest economic initiatives in Oman's modern history; which includes the development of a world class port and multi modal transportation hub.
Quarry managers combine their knowledge of extraction and processing systems with excellent interpersonal and management skills to ensure the profitability of quarry sites. Work takes place in the office and on site.
Responsibilities and Duties
In the office, work activities may include:
- checking that the quarry's production levels are maintained safely to schedule;
- balancing sales and output;
- altering the quarry's production system in accordance with the materials required;
- liaising with sales and commercial teams;
- performance managing the production process and setting and monitoring targets;
- providing the owner company with information and statistics on the quarry's performance;
- developing links with local groups and organisations;
- managing and regulating the quarry's budget;
- maintaining up-to-date records and dealing with paperwork;
- ensuring that key government health and safety legislation (Quarries Regulations 1999 and Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Quarries) Regulations 2008) is implemented throughout the site;
- keeping up to date with relevant government legislation and industry developments;
- developing inspection systems and check lists;
- writing development proposals and reports;
- managing and recruiting staff.
On site, duties include:
- closely monitoring all areas of the quarry to ensure that extraction and processing work is carried out to the highest standard;
- providing active leadership and management of safety processes and culture to minimise risk in all operations activities;
- liaising with staff on site and dealing with any technical or staffing challenges that arise;
- undertaking regular site inspections and risk assessments in order to comply with all health and safety regulations;
- examining the materials produced to ensure that a high quality of product is maintained;
- assessing equipment and production material levels;
- ordering new items as required;
- checking that all vehicles on site are maintained to a good standard.
Desired Skills and Experience
You will need:
- a strong level of technical understanding of quarrying environments and extraction systems;
- excellent communication and influencing skills;
- strong customer service skills;
- good business and management skills;
- project management skills;
- leadership qualities and team building skills;
- the ability to think strategically and to problem solve;
- the capacity to make quick decisions and to think on your feet;
- commercial awareness;
- good IT skills;
- knowledge of health and safety issues and how they relate to practical working environments;
- a flexible approach to work;
- an ability to tolerate (some of the time) noisy, dirty and uncomfortable working environments.
- Quarry / Site management experience in major civil infrastructure projects is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Degree qualified in building studies/construction management/civil/structural engineering or related field.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A thriving locally registered contractor with ambitious plans to capitalise on the development ongoing in the Duqm region of Oman. Committed to helping you achieve your potential and are always looking for talented and dedicated people to join their dynamic and vibrant team.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- competitive salary & package