Regional Director of Claims
A fast growing UK & internationally based claims, dispute and expert witness practice client is looking for a Regional Director of Claims.
A variety of the most interesting large scale civil engineering infrastructure, building construction and mechanical & electrical projects both live on site and at completion and dispute stage in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Take full responsibility for the business service offering and delivery and the management of all staff in the Hong Kong region
- Oversee 8+ fee earning staff based in Hong Kong and be responsible for the process of seconding these staff out to your key clients in the area
- Manage all live ongoing work with premium clients -Lead the work winning process through the use of contacts already known to the company and also using your own network.
- Responsibility for the recruitment of staff
- Responsible for the training and supervision of members of staff both fee earning and administrative
- Able to balance fee earning and business management and staff management work successfully
Desired Skills and Experience
- This would be the perfect role for an ambitious but frustrated no2 or no3 in a high calibre claims and dispute consultancy well established in Hong Kong.
- Extensive experience within the Hong Kong construction industry is essential -Sound commercial management experience in a senior position with contractor, employer or consultant in Hong Kong is essential
- In depth knowledge of claims and disputes ideally to an expert level of quantum/ delay claims management
- Dedicated experience as an expert on quantum and/or delay matters and experience of giving evidence and being cross examined is desirable
- A track record of fee earning, managing a team of staff and of being responsible for a business or a cost centre within a business is needed.
- Proven track record of winning work
- Client facing, proactive and confident
- Experience within civil engineering and/or building contracting is preferred although M&E contracting experience may also be appropriate
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is essential
- FRICS qualified or equivalent is highly desirable
- Additional qualifications such as an MSc in construction Law or FCIArb would be an advantage
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A fast growing UK & internationally based claims, dispute and expert witness practice. Full details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous package + profit share + share options