Registered Safety Officer
Amazing opportunity for anyone seeking construction jobs overseas and those who want to use their career in construction to improve the environment. Our client, a well-established intelligent lighting company is working on the prestigious 3RS project at Hong kong Airport. They are looking for an energetic Registered Safety Officer to manage safety on site.
You will be working on Hong Kong Airport project.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparing the Safety Management System Documentation including the EHS Manual, Procedures, Plans, Work Instructions as appropriate.
- Coordinating, planning, implementing, and reporting the EHS inspection/audit activities of the operating sites on a regular basis.
- Recommending corrective and preventive actions for non-conformities and non-compliances identified.
- Planning, organising, and performing EHS training for the site staff and workers. Such training shall include site EHS induction training, toolbox training and other.
- To coordinate all activities in relation to reportable accidents, including the submission of Form 2 to the Labour Department.
- Carrying out investigation of all the fatal and dangerous occurrences and selected minor accidents, reporting all findings and making recommendations on corrective and preventive actions.
- Assisting with the promotion of EHS and the preparation of the company EHS Bulletin.
- Carrying out other reasonable duties as required from time to time.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Familiar with statutory and regulatory site safety requirements
- 5 years relevant working experience for RSO.
- Exposure to electrical and mechanical trade and/or public contract is an advantage
- Good command in both written and spoken English and Chinese
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office, database
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in Engineering or Construction Safety
- Registered Safety Officer Accreditation
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is an international player delivering their services to airports, airlines, and Air Navigation Service Providers by offering cutting edge solutions to operational issues and ensuring all procedures run safely, efficiently, and sustainably. They have secured a major contract on the Hong Kong Airport currently completing the design phase and moving into construction and are now building the project team. They are one of the best construction companies to work for on airport projects offering a good construction career path.