Resident Geotechnical EngineerRef MAX9068 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Kwun Tong, Hong Kong Salary HK$75K - HK$110K Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 13/01/2021 Status Live: Interviewing now
One of the best client side project management jobs on our books, a global engineering, management and development consultancy is seeking to appoint a high calibre Resident Geotechnical Engineer to join their Hong Kong team and play a pivotal role in growing a regional team and delivering a regional sector business strategy.
Responsibilities and Duties
To carry out the site supervision and management functions under the Registered Geotechnical Engineers stream as outlined in the "Code of Practice for Site Supervision 2009" and "Technical Memorandum for Supervision Plans 2009" issued by the Buildings Department this includes but not limited to the following:
- To undertake supervision and compliance of materials, Contractor's workmanship and construction methodologies and procedure employed
- To identify non-conformance in works, and to supervise appropriate tests and remedial actions
- To maintain statutory construction records
- To collaborate with the site staffs and to submit monthly reports on progress and quality of works
- To resolve on-site difficulties arising from unforeseen circumstances
- To ensure the works progress with minimum disruption, and in cases of action involving variations to design, consult the Designer and report accordingly
- To closely monitor the records of all types of monitoring stations and execute appropriate actions as required
- To check, supervise and inspect all Temporary Works and false works as required in the Contract
- To assist in the investigation and preparation of reports on the acceptance or otherwise, the use of materials
- To participate in the weekly safety walk by the site staff of at least a professional grade
- To carry out a daily review with the Contractor of all high-risk activities with the site staff and any other duties in connection with site construction activities
- To co-ordinate and assist the design office on the design, coordination and supervision issues
- To carry out other duties for the successful delivery of the project as requested by the design office.
Desired Skills and Experience
- To have experience on the co-ordination and supervision of Site Investigation, Hoarding, Demolition, Site Formation, Excavation and Lateral Support, Foundation, Sub-basement, Superstructures, Structural Steel works.
- Practical experience in implementing and interpreting ground investigations
- Working with design teams, the expertise to achieve development of robust, cost effective designs, drawing on modern practices.
- Experience across a wide range of geotechnical situations as found in Hong Kong (slope stability, tunnels, foundations and reclamation)
- Solid experience in design, construction supervision and project management
- Sound track record of successfully delivering projects in a consultancy environment
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and presentation skills. You can motivate others to achieve project goals
- A demonstrable track record of meeting exacting technical standards.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Able to work with a range of project stakeholders, contractors and clients.
- The Resident Geotechnical Engineer shall be a member in HKIE Geotechnical Discipline with 5 years' relevant post qualification experience in the supervision and co-ordination of geotechnical elements of construction projects
- The resident Geotechnical Engineer shall also be a Registered Professional Engineer (Geotechnical)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a best in class global engineering, management and development consultancy providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction, engineering and built environment across the globe.
An employee owned business with their teams working across multiple sectors covering amongst others residential and commercial buildings, transport, infrastructure, utilities, environment and project management.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel.
The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim has been requested to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent client side project management career opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly competitive salary package and benefits available for the successful candidate including employee share options.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend