Sales ManagerRef MAX8797 Consultant Richard Poulter Region Hong Kong Location Kowloon, Hong Kong Salary HK$40-HK$60K + com Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 23/10/2019 Status Filled: Apply to be considered for other jobs like this
An International and well respected business providing temporary works solutions and engineering design for the construction industry is seeking a well qualified and highly motivated Sales Manager to lead the sales team to deliver against challenging targets. The Sales Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of the Sales Team including the attainment of the personal area/region targets and Key Performance Indicators.
Responsibilities and Duties
Achieving Sales Targets
- Personal Hire, New Sale and Ex-Hire Sale revenue targets for each Sales Engineers are met
- Personal KPIs are embraced and improvements achieved
- Forward Revenue Forecast to identify a “gap analysis” of the business secured versus forecast to be achieved for 3 months ahead
- Establish performance targets and personal Customer activity for the Sales Engineers to ensure that sales targets are met and the Company’s Customer base broadened in line with the opportunity within the region
Key Customer Development
- Developing relationships at a senior level with the current key customers within the region and broadening the base by winning target accounts which will materially affect the performance of the business.
- Formulate a customer business plan
- Identifying the customer’s needs, and from this, the opportunities for the business
- Ensuring that the supporting disciplines are capable of delivering the desired results for the Customer against the agreed Business Plan
- Enlisting the support of the company to ensure that the Customer regards us as their first choice of supplier within the region
Sales Process and Pipeline
- Forward Revenue Forecast for the country is submitted to the Country Director on monthly basis.
- Each Sales Engineer has a managed and maintained pipeline capable of identifying the full potential from within their personal territory and delivering their target over a rolling 3 month period
- Individual monthly reviews are held with each direct reporting Sales Engineer to monitor current and future Customer activities, establish immediate performance objectives and action dates to manage the “gap”, between the known and target revenues and noting the reasons for any “leakage” from the pipeline
- Set specific doable action for the SE and PS to achieve individual revenue targets and development plan. Do a monthly review and improvement action to help individual achieve the set target and goal.
Territory Coverage and the Customer Base
- Each Sales Engineer’s customer base is graded and a sales strategy is agreed and implemented for existing lapsed and target customers
- Time is spent in the field with each Sales Engineer at a frequency which allows the individual performance and progress to be assessed against their personal objectives. The time spent should also identify their training needs so as to provide the platform for future development or, if appropriate, to create a corrective action plan for under achievement
- Contacts are established and maintained with key Sales Engineer Customers and business influencers with a view to account development
- Clear contact is maintained regarding specific Customer contacts outside of the region to further develop the business and relationship with Clients
Desired Skills and Experience
Motivation, Training & Discipline
The company's goal is to create an environment where individuals in the department can succeed and are recognised for it. There will however be times when an individual performance falls short of company expectations and the role of the Sales Manager will require action to correct unacceptable deviations. This will be achieved when:
- Formal annual personal assessments are conducted with each direct reporting Sales Engineer
- Agreed personal Sales Engineer development plans are in place with date specific actions
- Monthly sales meetings are held with at least 50% of the meeting addressing the product knowledge or skill set needs of the Sales Engineers using available resources
- Ensure product orientation and refresher training must be implemented well.
- Provide performance feedback monthly to identify what areas to improve and set specific action to immediately improve performance and individual behaviour.
- Individual Sales Engineers are trained and made aware regarding the Health and Safety requirements for their position.
- The Sales Manager is seen by the Sales Engineers as a leader, coach and motivator.
- People developer and master planner that strategize the individual development for future possible position in the company.
- Talent developer and identify development needs to be cultivated.
- Maintaining a smart appearance at all times, wearing appropriate clothes for the situation whilst at work so as to conform to Health and Safety regulations
- Hours are worked in order to achieve the desired result for the Company which may include staying away overnight or attending events from time to time so as to promote the development of company business
- The Sales Manager sets about developing their personal knowledge of the Company’s business, the industry and their personal sales and management skill set by reading around the subjects
- Administration time is less than one day per week
- All orders and enquiries from the area/region are presented in a complete and accurate format, ideally electronically, to the company
Operations and Design/Engineering disciplines
- Monthly reports for the Country Director and the consolidated weekly Sales Engineer submissions to the Sales Manager are on time, concise and accurate
- The Sales Manager ensures that the individual area/region sectors are covered allowing for holiday and any long term sickness
- The Sales Manager is in possession of a current and valid driving license
- All company property is handled within the company policy and is well maintained to a high personal standard.
- The SM will relate professionally with other company staff that will have a key influence on the performance of the region and the business overall
No Formal qualifications are required. A strong career development with reputable employers and a demonstrable track record of achieving sales targets within a technical environment is certainly required.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A global business at the forefront of providing cutting edge temporary works solutions and engineering design to the construction industry.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
A competitive salary package and commission structure will be available for the successful candidate
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend