Senior Capital Projects Manager
Our portfolio of client side project management jobs is ever increasing as we have an exceptional opportunity for dynamic client side Senior Project Manager with corporate real estate fit out experience in a regional role to join a global project management & contract solutions provider to work with an expanding team of professionals on a major CRE regional commercial and retail role out program
You will be stationed in our client's office in Central, Hong Kong Island.
The role requires technical expertise in a range of fields such as Quantity Surveying, Architecture, Engineering and Project Management that have subject matter expertise relating to the delivery of building type projects.
You will be accountable for Capital Projects being appropriately managed and services delivered in line with Corporate Services (CS) strategy balancing performance, cost and risk mitigation. experience on site will be an advantage.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead and manage selected full project teams for Capital Projects, resolving any under performance or issues and value add initiatives, and if required escalating if needed.
- Advise on most appropriate design, procurement and delivery, construction model for selected projects and ensure all project documents and gateways are adhered to.
- Review if the client is adequately protected in terms of contractual, health and safety and operational risks within project delivery
- Continually embed the Corporate Services (CS) strategy across the region by identifying any further outsourcing opportunities or supporting in house delivery, where required.
- Use SME experience and knowledge to coach individuals and implement enhancements to best practice, performance within countries and across the sub-function.
- Review, maintain and develop Capital Projects contracts and capable to enhance supplier relationships and support CS’s partnership approach to improve performance and to develop strategic recommendation and amendments.
- Collaborate with and proactively manage stakeholders in the relevant client business functions and within corporate services to maximize the integrated planning, budgeting, service enhancements and delivery for the client.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years experience in client project management on corporate real estate commercial and retail fit out projects.
- Demonstrable track record of successful delivery of corporate real estate project portfolios
- Knowledge of the whole asset life cycle and project process, including relevant technical considerations at project inception that might need to be wrapped into leasing tasks.
- Diplomatic communications skills essential
- Technical excellence to handle consultants and contractors
- Excellent communication skills in English with the ability to negotiate influence and persuade others.
- Able to work under pressure
- Degree holder in civil engineering, building engineering or other related disciplines
- Memberships of relevant professional institutions; MCIOB, MHKIE, RICS desirable
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is one of the world’s leading project Management consulting firms that specialise in the design, programming, project management and cost management of some of the most ground breaking prestigious projects around the world. They have been commissioned by a major global banking institution to provide project, program and change management staff on secondment. Maxim has been tasked with identifying suitable candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Excellent package is on offer for the right candidate.