Senior Claims Consultant Construction
Quantum Senior Consultant job vacancy to work on an historic contract within the claims and disputes division of a leading blue-chip consultancy in Glasgow, Scotland.
You will work as part of a specialist team of experienced professionals within the claims and disputes sector and provide clients with expert advice in relation to in Contract Assurance, Claims Management, Dispute Avoidance and/or Dispute Resolution.
The ideal candidate will be located in the Glasgow area of Scotland and be able to travel to Glasgow at least 3 days per week. Remote working is an option for the remaining 2 days per week.
Your initial assignment will relate to an historic contract within the transport sector, which has at least 2 more years to run. With guidance (where required) from senior management, you will be responsible for providing the client with support and strategic advice relating to contractual issues, claims management and dispute avoidance and/or dispute resolution.
The successful candidate can expect to:
- work with an outstanding team of specialist consultants
- advise major clients on large scale programmes and flagship projects
- challenge themselves in a market leading global business
- develop and drive business relationships with an existing client base
Over time you can expect to be involved in similar roles for alternative clients across a variety of sectors within the construction industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your role will be to work as a Senior Consultant, capable of handling much of the day-to-day running of projects / assignments for clients. You will have support from senior management when required. Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking independent reviews of contracts/ specific contract clause issues;
- Providing guidance and support on procurement and contract management/negotiation strategies;
- Providing expert advice on points of contract escalation or dispute;
- Input to contract risk analysis;
- Attendance of key contract and programme board meetings;
- Reporting and scribing of advice, recommendations or key contractual correspondence.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate a level of expertise in adjudication, arbitral or ligation processes
- Strong commercial management experience
- Contract Management - A good understanding of NEC and JCT contracts and the relevant processes and procedures
- Contract administration
- Confident in a client facing environment, with good presentational skills and natural gravitas
- Capable of conducting detailed project reviews on major construction projects with support from the wider team
- Experience in a variety construction sectors and project type
- A sound understanding of national construction contracts and the relevant processes and procedures
- Application of robust and methodical analytical skills, with a flexible and adaptable approach to service delivery under a number of challenging scenarios
- Confident in approach, with the ability to lead claims in your own right
- Experience of providing consultancy services on live contracts and projects in distress an advantage
- Able to prepare and support on bid proposals
- A relevant degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or a similar equivalent
- Candidates who have completed a higher qualification such and an MSc or LLM in ‘Construction Law’ would be particularly appealing. However, candidates still working towards this, or with exposure to formal dispute proceedings will be considered.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a leading provider of procurement strategy, claims management and dispute resolution services to the built environment sectors. They are working on many iconic and significant projects in the UK and globally on commissions where they are approached to provide claims support in quantum, delay and project management together with expert dispute services.
They are leading blue-chip consultancy with strong emphasis on developing ambitious and talented individuals with a passion for claims and disputes. This can include providing support to becoming chartered and/or completing further, relevant qualifications such as masters in construction law as well as internal and external training. A fantastic company to start or further develop your career in claims and disputes.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
£50k - £65k Basic Salary
+ £4,000 car allowance
+ Contributory pension scheme
+ Private medical cover
+ Life Insurance scheme