Senior Claims Consultant
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be doing exciting and complex construction claims and dispute support work
- Produce claims for claims to be submitted to the client
- Assist civil engineering contracting client on dispute resolution and claims planning matters for their large scale civil and building projects
- Undertake negotiations with clients
- Act as a supporting role assisting with the interpretation and preparation of claims strategies
- Act as advisory body regarding matters relevant to construction claims which will include dispute avoidance and construction contracts administration.
- Supervise and manage Junior QS staff
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 10 years’ experience with some experience of preparing claims in a contracting QS capacity
- QS contracting background (build or civils contractor)
- Project experience on larger projects (GBP10m++) preferred, but candidates with specific strong experience on smaller piling/groundwork claims with smaller players also desirable.
- Knowledge and confidence in handling the claims preparation process and able to work independently under limited senior management supervision
- Ability to work up quantum matters desirable
- NEC/compensation event experience desirable
- Candidates without overseas experience will also be considered
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- MRICS/FCIArb qualified or equivalent or progressing towards chartership is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will be joining a well-established claims consultancy with a strong reputation in the Hong Kong construction market. Very competitive salary and benefits are on offer. Full details will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.