Senior Claims Consultant
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be Skilled in claims and schedule delay analysis.
- Understanding of construction project schedules and providing advice which can be put into action.
- Perform contract administration functions – schedule and budget management; document control and information management.
- Assist with the preparation of expert reports and dispute resolution.
- Provide a timely and high quality service to clients.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Primavera.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise changing workloads.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and resourceful.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Professional, confident demeanour and appearance.
- Experience and willingness in business development activities.
- Proactive individual with strong drive, ambition and enthusiasm.
- Able to delegate and supervise the work of others.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and exhibits a strong executive presence.
- Capable of defending positions with rational arguments.
- Team player with positive and energetic attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree or degree equivalent in Engineering or Construction Management is desired.
- Secondary qualifications in Construction Law or Arbitration are a bonus.
- Member of a professional body such as RICS or CIOB is preferable.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The interviewing Company have an unmatched combination of breadth and depth of expertise across a worldwide network of more than 4,000 employees in over 25 countries on six continents. This vast network and collaborative culture enable their teams to address and resolve even the most complex threats to enterprise value.