Summary of Senior Consultant Job Vacancy - Sheung Wan
Do you already have some claims experience and would like to specialize yourself as a claims consultant? My client, a well-stablished claims consultancy is looking for QS with some claims experience to join their team. They provide excellent training and competitive salary package
- Handle clients' claims matters
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be doing exciting and complex construction claims and dispute support work
- Research and produce claims correspondence and submissions to the clients
- Assist civil engineering contracting client on dispute resolution matters for their large scale civil and building projects
- Provide support to contractor in client negotiations
- Act in a supporting role assisting with the interpretation and preparation of claims strategies
- Act as advisory body regarding matters relevant to construction claims which will include dispute avoidance and construction contracts administration.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience with major contractors (build or civils contractor) as a Quantity Surveyor
- Ideally with some experience of preparing claims or undertaking compensating events/ extension of time/ variation/ pricing of extra work/ negotiation in a contracting QS capacity
- Project experience on larger projects (GBP10m++) preferred, but candidates with specific strong experience on smaller piling/groundwork claims with smaller players also desirable.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline is essential
- MRICS qualified or equivalent or progressing towards chartership is desired
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave
- Long term employment with excellent career path
- Group health insurance
- Study reimbursement scheme: the company encourage employee to take further claims related education, such as Post Graduate diploma in Dispute Resolution/ Construction Law and Arbitration. The cost of education can be reimbursed fully.