Senior Contracts Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide a head office and/or site Contract Management and Administration function to support the goals and targets of the EPC contractor.
- Use the framework of the contract to secure full entitlement with the objective of minimising major claims and disputes.
- Minimise exposure and liability to counterclaims from both the employer and sub-contractors.
- Implement a fully integrated contract strategy and intereact effectively with contracor personnel.
- Ensure business ethics are maintained to the highest level.
- Ensure the Group Statement of Generl Business Principles are complied with.
- Encourage best practise within the Contractor's organisation
Desired Skills and Experience
- A proven track record with 10+ years experience working on major EPC contracts. Candidates with extensive FIDIC contract experience will also be considered.
- Be able to perform complicated tasks while effectively managing the interfaces.
- Be able to direct and lead the work of others.
- Be able to provide commercial/ contractual opinions and reports on highlt technical issues.
- Have applied knowledge of contract terms and conditions.
- Demonstrate breadth in applying skills to different phases of projects and have a working knowledge in other related disciplines.
- Experience with multi-national and multi-cultural teams.
- Hold a Bachelors Degree in relevant contractual/ commercial field along with MRICS or equivelent.
- A further Law related degree will be considered a pluse. MCIArb is prefeered.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A leading global built asses consultancy with experience in Hydrocarbon, Power & Energy, Industrial and Infrastructure sectors has recently been awarded a long term service agreement to provide Contract and Commercial professionals to a major EPC contractor.