Senior Contracts Manager
One of Asia's leading construction employers requires a capable and experienced Senior Contracts Manager, also sometimes titled a Senior Commercial Manager to work on a large scale rail project in Malaysia. You will play a leading role in the contractual and commercial running of a major new rail project and you will manage a team of contracts/commercial staff.
A massive new rail project starting in Malaysia which is due to run for the next 7 years.
Responsibilities and Duties
To take the job role of being the commercial and contractual head of the civil engineering and infrastructure section of the project.
- Drafting (or review of drafts by others) of contractual correspondence
- Monitor and co-ordinate contractual claims and variation orders
- Provide inputs to help strategize and resolve complex contractual issues.
- Attend project meetings where required.
- Liaison with authorities and/or Government bodies if required
- Supervision and guidance of team members
- Comply and adhere to all matters pertaining to Quality, Safety & Health and Environment related to the job scope and work place as required by the company.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Track record of working on a major civil engineering project in Malaysia, Hong Kong or in Asia is highly desirable
- Large scale infrastructure project experience
- Contracting background is preferred but not essential
- Experience of managing a team of commercial/contracts staff from project start to finish
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills in English
- Competent IT skills
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
- Professional qualification such as MRICS is an advantage but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful candidate will be joining a major international construction company with a first class reputation for delivering large scale construction projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a prestigious project in Asia.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Competitive salary
- Expatriate style package
- Housing and travel allowance
- Full medical
- Generous bonus scheme