Senior Cost Manager - Infrastructure Projects
Responsibilities and Duties
- Estimating and cost planning including producing and presenting the final cost plan.
- Tendering and procuring packages and projects; including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents and dealing with tender clarifications.
- Dealing effectively with the change control processes, including negotiation and agreeing change events.
- Taking personal responsibility for making cost checks and carrying out valuations and ensuring that timely and accurate cost checking and valuation takes place.
- Producing monthly post contract cost reports and presenting them to the client.
- Contributing to value engineering.
- Preparing or validating, together with negotiating and agreeing final accounts.
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages, including attendance at and contributing to a range of meetings.
- Good knowledge of the main procurement methods and their application.
- Good knowledge of the main types of construction contracts used in Hong Kong.
- Preparing commission update reports on risks, opportunities, progress and needs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Good technical experience in all of the main areas of cost management (i.e pre-contract, post contract and final account)
- Experience of utilising industry standard processes and systems (IT and other) to effectively deliver projects.
- Relevant experience working in Hong Kong Civil engineering/MTR project delivery experience necessary - rail experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate influence and persuade others.
- Fluency in English is a must (with Cantonese preferred).
- Candidates with Consultancy or Contracting experience will be considered.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Cost Management/Engineering or equivalent.
- Have or working towards full membership of RICS or HKIS.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The successful job applicant for this role will be joining a leading construction consultancy organisation. For this is a long term role with excellent opportunity for career progression and professional development. Full support will be given to candidates looking to develop a long term career with the company. Full details will be disclosed to shortlisted candidates.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS SITE BASED WORKING FOR THE CLIENT ORGANISATION. Candidates with less experience will be considered for the position of Cost Manager.