Senior Cost Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
Main Purpose of the role:
- To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management service.
- To assist in business development, bid writing and work winning, utilizing market knowledge to fuel sector growth.
Main Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
Marketing and business development, to include:
- Identifying and acting upon business opportunities
- Working with Directors to construct bids for new work
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates and products and hence improve the service provided to clients as a whole
- Degree qualified or equivalent - preferably construction related
- Full or on route to full membership of the RICS or InstCES is strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a world leading international construction and management consultancy with offices worldwide. They provide Cost Management, Project Management, Management Consultancy and Contract Services to public and private sectors across a wide range of construction projects.