Senior Delay Consultant
A new and exciting Delay Senior Consultant job based in Hong Kong to work with experts in a specialist disputes division within a market-leading international disputes advisory consulting company.
An opportunity to work as a Senior Consultant based in Hong Kong has arisen to work with Delay experts in a specialist construction disputes division working towards resolution through the process of arbitration.
This role would suit ambitious Consultants currently working within delay disputes, Delay Senior Consultants as well as Senior Planning Engineers/ Senior Planners who are seeking progression within disputes and can demonstrate significant delay experience on live projects/contracts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- As a Senior Consultant within the specialist delay division of the construction disputes sector, you will work with Hong Kong team, including professional and senior delay experts to support in individual arbitration matters to assist clients in acquiring the desired legal outcome.
- You will support the team’s workload by taking on senior delay-related responsibilities relating to numerous arbitration and expert witness assignments as well as support aspects of live project work relating to project planning or other distressed project support work.
- You will report to a Managing Director based in Hong Kong who will be a Lead Testifying Delay Expert.
- Forensic investigation of project delays.
- Preparing prospective and retroactive delay analyses for a variety of engineering and construction projects. This will involve taking into account technical data, providing proof of delays, and presenting data in both programmes and reports.
- Preparation or defence of extension of time claims on behalf of employers, main contractors, and sub-contractors.
- Writing reports that can be used in negotiations as well as formal dispute resolution procedures including adjudication, mediation, and litigation; created as an advocate or an assistant to a neutral expert.
- Creating programmes for brand-new construction projects as well as monitoring and rescheduling already-existing plans, ensuring that live building projects are finished as soon and effectively as possible.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years of experience as a construction project planner, with significant exposure to and experience of delay analysis job duties & able to undertake basic tasks unassisted to a high standard.
- Demonstrable skills in using relevant software tools such as: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), MS Project, Primavera P3/P6, Suretrak and similar IT tools.
- An analytical mind with motivation to solve problems, and careful written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent team working skills along with the ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to apply knowledge of the technical, commercial, and legal challenges facing today’s construction industry.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and circumstances.
- Degree level education in a construction related field.
- Relevant MSc in engineering and/ or Construction Law and Disputes LLM would be a strong advantage.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Maxim Recruitment works with a range of construction dispute organisations around the world in the UK, Middle East, Hong Kong and Asia as well as in Canada and other parts of the world.
This construction disputes employer holds specialisms in both quantum and delay services across the globe, supporting their clients when they are faced with their greatest challenges and opportunities through independent expert opinion services.
Working at this company will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside several market-leading industry experts on exciting and high-profile international arbitration work.
Full details of this premium international construction disputes specialist and their operations across the globe will be provided to shortlisted applicants.