You will be a Senior Estimator working on a £multi-billion highly prestigious rail project.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review clients project proposals and documents and identify the key items for pricing
- Determine the clients price submission requirements and create the estimating plan and document
- Build up an accurate cost estimate in an elemental and analytical format with a level of detail commensurate with the level of maturity of the client’s project
- Liaison with the client team and designers to understand the project requirements.
- Prepare & present the commercial aspects of the price to the heads of department
- Provide estimating assurance and governance to management and delivery teams.
- Preparation of recommendations for award of contractor packages
- Review the Preparation of cost plans
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as a Senior Estimator on rail or civils projects
- Consultancy, Main Contractor or Client side backgrounds are all considered
- IT proficient with extensive exposure to use of spreadsheets & IT packages relating to cost planning
- Experience of working competently & consistently in a Pre-Contract role is essential
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or Engineering is desired
- MACostE is beneficial but not essential
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a global construction consultancy that operates on some of the most prestigious projects in the UK and internationally. They are a multi-disciplinary company that offer fantastic progression opportunities and are growing in the UK.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a fantastic salary and package along with a car allowance and other benefits.