Senior EstimatorRef MAX8698 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Canada Location Toronto, Ontario Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 11/04/2019 Status Filled: Apply to be considered for other jobs like this
A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Estimator has arisen in Ontario, Canada, to join one of the country's leading general contractors. A strong Estimating background and ability to lead colleagues by example will be of benefit for this role.
As a key member of the Estimating Department, the Senior Estimator will be responsible for managing the procurement process for all assigned projects from the concept to lump sum tender, including participation in the contract letting and planning stage. Reporting to the Chief Estimator, this role is responsible for management of assigned estimating staff, subcontractor/ supplier relations and continual development of estimating procedures and processes to achieve the Company business plan.
Responsibilities and Duties
This position requires a highly experienced, dynamic leader with sound knowledge of fundamental estimating, excellent vendor and client relationship ability and business development. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading bid submissions on a variety of projects including design-build and P3.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Budgeting development and submission
- Detailed and comprehensive quantity takeoff and accurate cost evaluation
- Subcontractor and supplier bid solicitation, scope definition and clarification, risk evaluation and bid submission
- Overseeing the tendering and awarding of contracts
- Being point of contact and advisor for assigned project(s) from initial contact with client to handover/transfer of project to the project team upon contract award
- Actively participating in business development efforts to identify and track client and project pursuits
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 10 years progressive experience in General Contracting, with at least 5 years in a lead estimating role on large projects, preferably P3 and Design-Build
- Ability to identify inherent risk and analyse alternative means and methods to determine most economic alternative(s)
- Ability to logically sequence construction work and build a realistic schedule
- Planning, scheduling, and organization skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to consistently produce work of high-quality and accuracy
- A good team leader who is able to coach and mentor estimating staff and be a positive role model
- Formal education related to Civil Engineering, Construction Management or other equivalent construction program
- Proficiency with computer programs such as bid management and estimating software, as well as MS Office
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This company is a leading general contractor in Canada. Full client profile provided to short-listed applicants.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend