Senior EstimatorRef MAX8843 Job Posted 15/01/2020 Region Canada Location Vancouver, Canada Salary Up to CAD$150K DOE Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
A Senior Estimator / Senior Quantity Surveyor with Canadian PR or Citizenship or transferable work permit in Canada is needed to join a construction project management and engineering consultancy working to help their clients price up and set indicative construction budgets for major new rail infrastructure projects to be constructed in Vancouver, Canada.
The employer is a niche top end project management, engineering, cost and risk management consultancy that has a number of live projects in the greater Vancouver / Lower Mainland region of Canada, including multi billion dollar highway and transportation projects within Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. In particular, the main focus of the Senior Estimator will be to provide estimating and cost input and advice on major rail projects.
The Senior Cost Estimator / Senior Quantity Surveyor employed will need experience and an understanding of building up estimates and cost plans for major projects
Estimating work completed will need to allow contractors interested in tendering for the work and subsequently doing the work, to be able to price the project in meaningful sections of work and in a way that can be managed using a logical cost system throughout the project construction phase.
Responsibilities and Duties
The appointed Senior Cost Estimator / Senior Quantity Surveyor job duties will include:
- Cost estimating and pricing projects using a contracting style methodology
- Advising clients on budgets and in due course helping them to manage their cost systems.
- Managing a team of technical advisors and cost estimators
- Commercial management
- Client interface
- Working successfully in a team environment
- Understanding and managing project risks
This Senior Estimator job role is one that requires a proactive candidate that is seeking to make a impact on how costs and construction schedules and tenders are compiled and managed throughout the full project lifecycle from pre-construction right to completion.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Around 7 or more years of experience in a related construction cost estimating job role is expected to be adequate but depends on the quality and background of the applicant
- Cost estimating experience on multi billion dollar highway and transportation projects would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Construction contracting experience is essential, ideally on projects of around CAD$50m (c GBP30m) in value. Major or mega project experience is not essential but is desirable
- Design & Build (D&B) construction experience is desired
- Some experience of costing civil / structural projects is desirable
- Experience of advising clients on budgets and managing cost systems is highly desirable
- Experience of working in Canada on civil engineering infrastructure or rail projects is desirable
- Commercial management experience
- Client interface experience
- Experienced in working in a team environment
- Demonstrable understanding of managing project risks; schedule of rates experience only is not sufficient.
Previous construction project estimating experience needs to demonstrate the above capabilities and be able to evidence a proactive and innovative approach to the estimating and project costing process and an interest in ensuring that cost systems are set up appropriately to be able to allow costs to be managed throughout the construction lifecycle.
A professional qualification in construction is highly desirable although hands on cost estimating and commercial management experience is most critical.
Canadian Citizenship or the current right to work in Canada is an essential criteria for consideration for this role.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a highly regarded specialist project management, engineering, cost and risk management consultancy based in Vancouver, Canada.
They benefit from having an excellent reputation and forward order book of confirmed work on a range of infrastructure, transportation, civil engineering and rail projects in Canada
In Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, they have live work with a number of public and private organisations.
A full client profile will be provided to applicants shortlisted for interview.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous salary of up to CAD$150k (GBPc88k)
- Senior Quantity Surveyor/Estimator Ottawa, Canada - £90-125k
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend