Senior IT Application Engineer
Amazing opportunity for anyone seeking construction jobs overseas. Our client, a well-established intelligent airfield lighting systems company is working on the prestigious 3RS project at Hong kong Airport. They are looking for an experienced Senior IT Applications Engineer to join their close knit team.
The IT Applications Engineer operates as an entry point within the Application Delivery team, provisioning a wide scope of technical solutions to new and existing customers. Such is the level of task diversity this presents a much sought after position, with the empowerment to help shape your career path further into the business.
You will be part of the team that helps build, configure and test complex systems that will be deployed into airport operational environments, enabling them to operate and service flights and improve the passenger experience. You will have a questioning mind; one that is fascinated by data analysis and who exhibits effective troubleshooting skills.
You will be responsible for building and configuring operating environments, to a specification designed, approved and released by our Development Engineering team, before testing and deploying onto customer environments; cloud or on-premise.
You will help support needs from within the business; including, pre-sales opportunities as guided by our product owners or bids team, but primarily focussing on both project phase deployment and delivery requirements as led by our project managers, and service support phase needs, as reported through our global service desk.
As a senior technical role within the team, you will demonstrate leadership, mentoring and coaching qualities; providing guidance, support and training to the rest of the team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver high-end professional services to our customers and key stakeholders; including,
Fulfilment of project tasks
- Technical escalations raised by the Client
- Collaboration with other business units
- Triage trouble tickets and provide technical escalation to issues raised by existing customers on client's Airport Systems’ Application Software, progressing to their logical and technical conclusion; either by resolution or by escalation; either via a 3rd party, or to internal development resolver group
- Help maintain resolution SLA performance management, positively influencing stakeholders and third parties that make up those end-to-end services
- To lead root cause analysis investigations within Problem Management for client's Airport Systems Application Software
- To work in accordance with the client's Airport Systems’ Change, Configuration and Release framework, to ensure that all new software follows the correct processes prior to release
- Work with key stakeholders to meet the commitments of client's Airport Systems, building high-quality relationships with our customers
- Demonstrate a robust and consistent approach to content management; ensure the knowledge base is updated to reflect any changes in the reporting of known errors, workarounds and customer data
- Assist with routine maintenance/security patching tasks for COTS software falling under the scope of delivery, ensuring that operating environments remain safe and secure
- Provide and review work estimates, ensuring accuracy, and tracking changes against these estimates
- Understand and utilise software source configuration control as best practice, using every precautionary measure to minimise bugs when issuing releases; compiling and testing thoroughly
- Guide and mentor lesser experienced members of the team, and assist with system updates/ planned maintenance on remote systems, as required
- Build knowledge from global trends in hardware and software incidents and problems, and make that knowledge easily accessible within the Business, through various forums
- Be able to self-manage and plan to meet agreed deadlines, as well as build and maintain strong customer relationships, knowing when and how to escalate matters where necessary.
- Influence and advise internal and external Customers, at all Management levels, regarding the availability and functionality of services and systems
- Performance evaluation reporting, highlighting concerns and overseeing their resolution.
- Assist with the continual improvement of Airport Systems processes and their application
Desired Skills and Experience
- Intermediate or advanced - Oracle database server
- Intermediate or advanced - PL, SQL experience
- Intermediate or advanced - UNIX/LINUX ; RedHat
- UNIX Scripting
- Awareness of XML syntax. REST and JSON APIs
- MQ, ESB concept awareness
- Excellent English, written and verbal, communication skills
- Inquisitive nature.
- Good organisational, planning and estimation skills; with the ability to multi-task and manage own time effectively.
- Open, transparent and able to respond positively to issues and actively seek solutions, as necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail, with an aptitude to document activities for others to learn from.
- Willingness to make and take decisions in a timely and confident manner.
- Strong comprehension and lateral thinking skills.
- Ability to communicate and influence at multiple levels within the Business.
- Open to giving and receiving constructive feedback and coaching as a matter of course.
- A calm and patient manner that instils confidence in those around you.
PERSONAL STYLE AND BEHAVIOUR
Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, of technical knowledge – like internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn't show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis
Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Relates well to all kinds of people—up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- A degree in Computer Software/Systems Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is an international player delivering their services to airports, airlines, and Air Navigation Service Providers by offering cutting edge solutions to operational issues and ensuring all procedures run safely, efficiently, and sustainably.
They have secured a major contract on the Hong Kong Airport currently completing the design phase and moving into construction and are now building the project team.
They are one of the best construction companies to work for on airport projects offering a good construction career path.