Senior Legal CounselRef MAX8405 Job Posted 09/05/2018 Region Other Middle East Location Kuwait City, Kuwait Salary Neg Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
An excellent opportunity for a Senior Legal Counsel to join a leading telecom, mobile and data services provider based in Kuwait
Assist the Group Head of Legal in advising the Group on any legal matters including disputes and international arbitration, M&A, corporate & commercial and financing transactions which may arise, and engage suitable external counsel where necessary and execute reporting obligations.
Oversee all legal phases of all types of contracts review in order to ensure their adequacy and alignment while maintaining the best interests of the business.
Liaise with senior and junior management to assess and advise on the legal implications of planned activities and projects.
Assist the Group Head of Legal in directing outsourced legal work and managing the same, including the selection, appointment, evaluation and monitoring of external/outsourced parties to ensure the business is getting the best value for fees paid and is being protected.
Responsibilities and Duties
a) Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management and non-management employees.
b) Assist the Group Head of Legal in setting internal governance policies and managing the impact of external factors.
c) Assist the Group Head of Legal in all international disputes and arbitration, M&A and financing transactions.
d) Assist the Group Head of Legal in all administrative, management, budgeting etc. of the Group Legal Department.
e) Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action.
f) Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically.
g) Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
h) Base your decision making process on ethics and integrity.
i) Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders.
j) Deal with external parties (external counsel, clients etc.)
k) Draft and review of all types of agreements that minimize risks and maximise legal rights.
l) Meet legal objectives.
m) Keep abreast of legislative changes.
These duties are indicative of the role and are not exhaustive and may change to meet Group business objectives from time to time, as required by the line manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
1. Minimum 10 to 12 years of broad legal experience involving corporate & commercial contracts, M&A, International arbitration and disputes and financing transactions, at least 2 of which should be at a senior level in a similar role.
2. Detailed knowledge of local, regional and international laws and regulations - including commercial and business laws.
3. Previous legal experience in the GCC would be ideal, but not a pre-requisite.
4. Industry experience would be an added advantage.
5. Strong understanding of the legal, compliance and risk management standards and the implementation of its tools within company activities and how they affect the organization.
6. Advanced knowledge of legal strategies, objectives, theories, principles, practices and procedures.
7. Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
8. Exceptional negotiation skills.
9. Very good contracts management skills.
10. Good judgment and analytical skills.
11. Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks.
12. High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
13. Overall broad legal knowledge.
14. Good understanding in how business operates with financial judgment.
15. To be able to work in a multi-cultural environment, in a flexible and stress-resistant manner. This position may involve travelling to various Opcos.
1. LLB or equivalent law degree
2. UK or US (or equivalent) qualified Solicitor/Attorney
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a leading telecom, mobile and data services provider with an over growing footprint across the MENA region.
From an extensive in country local knowledge and an unwavering focus to deliver on its promises to achieve the best outcomes in safety, cost, quality and time, the group has responsibly diversified to provide mobile and data services to an expansive footprint across the MENA region.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is its people and our client strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel!. Career development resources, initiatives and tools are provided each step of the way to achieve these desired outcomes.
The company is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force throughout MENA and expand alliances across the region. Maxim is providing recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
• Attractive salary available for the right individual
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend