Senior Manager Curriculum Development
A major HK statutory organisation is looking for an energetic, forward thinking Senior Manager to join their team and drive curriculum development and quality assurance across the institute and the construction industry.
Our client is a critical government institution and coordinating body established in 2007 to improve the quality and competitiveness of the construction industry sectors and promote good practices.
Our client acts as a communications platform / channel and is empowered to formulate codes of conduct, share knowledge, reflect the industry’s needs, improve labour relations, promote health & safety and sustainable construction and elevate the standards and skills of the industry via funding research and organising vocational training.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Executive Director, the incumbent will be responsible:
- To review and revamp the current construction training strategies and policies with a view to meet market needs and alignment with the Hong Kong education system;
- To study the needs and trends of Vocational Education and Training for the construction industry and to propose strategic and implementation plans for senior management’s consideration;
- To study and formulate strategies on the development and implementation of Qualification Framework QF for construction training so as to develop a career path to encourage youngsters to join the industry;
- To execute the agreed training strategies and policies relevant to the function of the client, including mapping out the implementation plan, liaising with various stakeholders and parties on its execution, monitoring and reviewing the progress on a regular basis;
- To develop curriculum, review and devise teaching methods and resources, explore and manage the scope of e-learning, define qualification levels and perform any other studies with recommendations in enhancing the quality and quantity of the client's training;
- To study the feasibility of developing other centres of excellence for the benefits of the construction industry and the client.
- To perform information research, studies, analyses and provide reporting together with recommendations for senior management’s consideration;
- To prepare business plans, work plans, reports, presentation files, discussion papers and other documents;
- To carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Executive Director.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 12 years’ post qualification experience in education or training, familiar with the Hong Kong educational system as well as vocational / adult training, in particular the development and implementation of Qualification Framework;
- A track record of success in change management and project management; 3) Capable to develop plans and strategies in vocational education and training, curriculum development, solicit and analyse feedback, and accomplish assigned tasks independently and with quality to meet strict deadlines;
- Creativity and determination to realize goals and plans;
- Highly motivated with strong organizational skills, time management and results oriented;
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively to influence all levels of the hierarchy;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese is a must;
- Construction-related background is preferred but not essential.
- A recognized degree in the area of education or vocational training
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a dynamic organisation that focuses on the construction industry's needs and aspirations as well as providing a communication channel with local Government to solicit advice on all construction-related matters.
This Government organisation is empowered to formulate codes of conduct, administer registration and rating schemes, steer forward research and manpower development, facilitate adoption of construction standards, promote good practices and compile performance indicators.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Highly attractive salary, package and benefits