Senior Manager for Construction Research & DevelopmentRef MAX7991 Job Posted 04/06/2019 Region Hong Kong Location Hong Kong Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
Our client is currently looking for a seasoned professional with experience in research and development to take the lead to plan, develop and implement research strategies for advancement of the Hong Kong construction industry with a view to develop and maintain international accreditation and recognition system for the Hong Kong construction practitioners.
The Senior Manager – Research & Development takes a leading role in initiating and managing research projects based on industry needs as well as to manage implementation of research results. He/she will work closely with the University professors, professionals, industrial practitioners to plan, develop and maintain a system to forecast on construction expenditure as well as manpower demand and supply for the Hong Kong construction industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To conduct strategic planning for the Research and Development Team (R&D Team) and develop and centralized construction knowledge hub for various stakeholders of the Hong Kong construction industry and other parties concerned;
- To initiate research projects based on industry needs, and manage the awarded research projects, studies and contracts;
- To collect, analyse and disseminate information related to manpower, construction output, construction cost, data control including daily attendance record (DAR) and Client training record, as well as performance of the Hong Kong construction industry;
- To provide reliable forecasts on construction expenditure as well as manpower demand and supply;
- To develop benchmark to assess the performance of the industry with international best practices for continuous improvement;
- To develop international accreditation and recognition system for the Hong Kong construction workers and supervisory personnel in the industry;
- To prepare work plans, study briefs, research reports, papers, guidelines, standards, documents of technical nature as well as any other relevant documents for enhancing the performance of the industry;
- To provide secretarial and support to the Committee on Productivity of the Client and to implement decisions and recommendations of the Committee;
- To lead the R&D Team to provide support to the Client, its committees, task forces, and any other relevant meetings; and
- To carry out any other duties as assigned by the Client from time to time.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 15 years’ solid experience in the field of research in engineering / surveying / architecture, with proven record in managing technical research projects;
- Possess the ability to develop implementation plans and strategies, manage projects and accomplish assigned tasks independently, timely and with quality;
- Strong commitment towards the betterment of construction industry in Hong Kong with sound knowledge of local construction practices;
- Good networking capabilities and be able to establish strong working relationships with government, the construction industry and other major stakeholders with the view of encouraging the industry to adopt best practices;
- Good organization skills, proactive working attitude and willingness to take up responsibilities;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and strong network with industry stakeholders; and
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese is a must.
- A recognized degree, preferably with post-graduate and/or professional qualifications in construction, architecture or relevant disciplines
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A dynamic organisation that focuses on the construction industry's needs and aspirations as well as providing a communication channel with local Government to solicit advice on all construction-related matters. this Government organisation is empowered to formulate codes of conduct, administer registration and rating schemes, steer forward research and manpower development, facilitate adoption of construction standards, promote good practices and compile performance indicators.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Competitive salary and package.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend