Senior Planning Engineer
Summary of Senior Planning Engineer Job Vacancy - Dubai
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Planning Engineer, with extensive experience working on tenders, to join a Western-ran main contractor. The candidate will act as the main advisory to the Pre-construction Manager, working from the head office in Dubai.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare tender programmes.
- This will include:
- Staff and labour resource schedules
- Major plant schedules
- Temporary MEP schedules
- Logistics plans
- Written construction methodologies
- Prepare master working programs for the project as well as other programs for sections or packages
- Prepare short term programmes as required
- Issue progress reports and present them to the Planning Manager or Section Manager
- Identify delays, critical paths, areas of concern and propose corrective action to the planning and the section managers
- To support junior members of the planning team in their training and development
- To measure and monitor progress to ascertain actual production rates
- To develop and monitor resource management tools (labour/plant)
- To analyse progress and time delays
- To propose corrective actions to the package and planning managers to be able to consequently meet the milestone dates
Desired Skills and Experience
- High degree of proficiency in the use and application of different scheduling software packages in particular ASTA Power Project and P6 (Primavera Project Planning)
- Understand different methods of working
- Logical approach to planning
- Competent and confident in technical aspects of planning
- Able to provide quality information within deadlines
- IT literate and very competent with Microsoft and planning software
- 6 - 8 years of minimum experience, which includes minimum 4 years experience in construction projects - project control and planning of medium/large projects.
- B.Sc in construction/ civil engineering or equivalent,
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is one of the largest construction groups operating in the Middle East region with offices located throughout the GCC region. They are a western-ran business and are widely regarded as an excellent employer. The business operates as a multi-discipline main contractor with several divisions including Construction, Civil Engineering and Interiors.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Attractive package to be discussed at interview