Senior Project Loan MonitorRef MAX9028 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Canada Location Toronto, Ontario Salary Negotiable DOE Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 24/11/2020 Status Live
A Senior Quantity Surveyor or Senior Cost Consultant for Project Loan Monitoring work is required to work for a reputable consultancy firm in Toronto, Ontario. The successful candidate will provide quantity surveying expertise, cost reviews and planning advice.
A Senior Cost Manager or Senior Quantity Surveyor candidate is needed to lead the project loan monitoring on a number of exciting high rise residential and commercial projects in Toronto, Canada.
Projects will typically be high value, complex developments that can include new build, refurbishment and fit-out. They work across a wide range of sectors, including:
• Institutional Infrastructure
• Hospitality / Leisure
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior QS / Cost Manager job duties will be to perform a project loan monitor role in Toronto and will focus on:
- Preparing cost plans
- Preparing cash flow projection
- Assessing the project budget and time schedules
- Reviewing and providing advice on all cost items and contractor commitments
- Reviewing project finance documents/conditions
- Assisting the developer with agreement of lender requirements
- Checking designs in the context of budget preparation
- Preparation of contractor’s payment recommendations
- Reporting on, measuring and valuing variations
- Performing site inspections
- Assessing valuation of construction work
- Providing independent review and analysis of construction activities
- Identifying any risk factors throughout the project
The role will also include responsibilities such as:
- Supervising junior project loan monitoring staff
- Preparing and presenting cash flow and cost management advice to clients
- Interpreting and offering cost planning advice regarding the financial feasibility of projects
- Communicating on potential cost overruns and schedule delays
Desired Skills and Experience
Suitable candidates must have a Loan Monitoring, cost management or Quantity Surveying background and be able to demonstrate experience of working at a Senior Cost Consultant level.
Qualified to Degree level in a relevant subject such as quantity surveying, commercial management or loan monitoring is essential
Professional membership or working towards professional membership of the RICS, CIQS or a similar equivalent cost control/ cost management professional body is desirable.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a leading real estate and cost consultancy advisory firm based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Full details wil be given to shortlisted candidates
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary is negotiable dependant on experience
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend