Senior Project Manager Data CentresRef MAX8824 Job Posted 21/11/2019 Region Hong Kong Location Kowloon, Hong Kong Salary Negotiable Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Richard Poulter
An excellent opportunity for an immediately available experienced Senior Project Manager / Programme Manager with major Data Centre / IT infrastructure experience to join a dynamic client team in Hong Kong. Appointment to be on a contract basis.
You will be based in the client's HQ in Hong Kong.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop project delivery strategies while providing overall administrative and technical leadership, to ensure successful completion of the project
- Manage the design brief, detailed design development, coordination of installation works, testing, commissioning & handover / close out on site for all relevant building services, to the satisfaction of all relevant stakeholders.
- Manage and contribute to the design and delivery process by reviewing and approving all plans, schedules and design documents
- Represent company in client, supplier and subcontractor meetings & negotiations.
- Review consultant proposals and contractor submittals, and develop recommendations for proposed project solutions
- Oversee project activities, identifying any areas of potential exposure or non-compliance to mitigate risk
- Provide strategic leadership and directly manages professional staff and project team members
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive project delivery and management experience in design & build projects particularly data centres and heavily services facilities.
- From a Construction Management or PM Consultancy background.
- MUST have relevant experience in data centre projects.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skill (strong at handling very political environment and driving the client)
- Local industry knowledge and understanding of the approvals system by the relevant authorities is an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong communications skills
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Buildings Services or related disciplines
- Membership to a professional body is required (e.g. MHKIE / MIMechE / MIET / MCIBSE)
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A leading International construction and project management consultancy with an envied reputation and exciting growth plans for their global operations.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
A generous all inclusive salary package is available for the right candidate.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend