Senior Project Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
- To execute the designated projects, to the agreed programme, with the highest regards to health, safety, environmental and quality standards expected by the client and company, and the financial performance budgeted by the company.
- To establish and maintain the best relationship with the client, through and beyond construction, to satisfactory completion, and to deliver improved value to the client and company.
- To effectively establish and manage the health and safety plan, the environmental plan, and the project management plan.
- To effectively establish and manage the target Design Procurement and Construction Program.
- To manage the design with the assistance of the Design Manager and to interrogate the design for alternative methods of work, alternative materials and improvements to ‘buildability’.
- To manage the procurement with the assistance of the Project Quantity Surveyor.
- To manage the work on site with the assistance of the Site Manager or the Engineer In Charge.
- To manage the contract with the Client and its representatives.
- To determine and verify resources, and manage cost control at project level.
- To manage the site works concerned in accordance with the contract requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will be accountable for the financial aspects of the project, not a pure builder approach.
- You will have extremely good notion of costs, rates, productivity output, not relying only the project surveyor.
- You will have extensive experience in the construction industry.
- You will have the ability to manage and motivate a team
- You will have contractual knowledge to identify risks and opportunities with client and subcontractors
- You will have the ability to programme the works and identify key interfaces, risks and opportunities in the construction process
- You will have ICT skills
- You will have cost control experience.
- You will have structural works experience, and all trades experience.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a top tier main contracting company who are a global force in the building, civil works, energy and services sectors. The hiring company in the UK has 10 offices around the UK with circa 1,700 employees in total and a turnover of over £800m and growing year on year.