Senior Project Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
- Fully accountable to for the delivery of the project in relation to:
- Health and Safety
- Satisfaction of Client
- Fully accountable to company policies and procedures.
- Fully accountable to completing the project in accordance to the contract requirements.
Key Tasks and Activities (not limited to):
- To effectively establish and manage the target Design Procurement and Construction Program.
- To manage the design with the assistance of the Design Manager and to interrogate the design for alternative methods of work, alternative materials and improvements to ‘build ability’.
- To manage the procurement with the assistance of the Project Quantity Surveyor.
- To manage the work on site with the assistance of the Site Manager or the Engineer In Charge.
- To manage the contract with the Client and its representatives.
- To determine and verify resources, and manage cost control at project level.
- To manage the site works concerned in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Has final decision on all contract matters with the support of the Project Director.
- Chairs the monthly Project Review meetings as well as the Point Meetings (Extended Project Review Meetings at 0%, 20%, 50% 80% and 100% of the project progress).
- To work with senior management and the human resources department to select, recruit and manage such personnel as are required to maintain a flexible, efficient and economic team capable of carrying out the contract requirements in line with the companies’ recruitment process.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Accountable for the financial aspects of the project, not a pure builder approach.
- Extremely good notion of costs, rates, productivity output, not relying only the project surveyor.
- Extensive experience in the construction industry.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
- Contractual knowledge to identify risks and opportunities with client and subcontractors
- Ability to programme the works and identify key interfaces, risks and opportunities in the construction process
- ICT skills
- Cost control experience.
- Structural works experience, and all trades experience.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a top tier main contracting company who are a global force in the building, civil works, energy and services sectors. The hiring company in the UK has 10 offices around the UK with circa 1,700 employees in total and a turnover of over £800m and growing year on year.