Senior Project ManagerRef MAX8844 Job Posted 15/01/2020 Region Canada Location Vancouver, Canada Salary to CAD$150k (cGBP£88k) + Package Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Consultant Steve Thomas
Senior Project Manager with estimating experience to join a Vancouver based project team. The successful applicant will be offered the opportunity work on a number of major transportation, rail and civil engineering infrastructure projects. Full managerial support, mentorship, training and a competitive renumeration package will be provided.
The successful Project Manager applicant will be offered the opportunity work on a number of major transportation, rail and civil engineering infrastructure projects.
These include major live and proposed rail, marine and other civil engineering infrastructure major projects.
Full managerial support, mentorship, training will be provided as well as a competitive renumeration package suitable to motivate the very best civil engineering project managers working in the Canadian construction industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in the development of projects to make them procurement-ready,
- Coordination of multidisciplinary teams including engineering, environmental, construction, communications, legal and others,
- Develop work breakdown structures for transportation, port and heavy civil projects,
- Develop project schedules including project development, procurement and construction activities.
- Establish a Project budget through the development of cost estimates, based on labour, plant and materials.
- Facilitate financial approval of a project
- Manage the project costs through delivery stage
Broader Project Team Duties that the Senior Project Manager will be involved in will include:
- Conceptual and preliminary design including establishing appropriate design criteria to meet our clients’ needs;
- Management of owners’ teams for engineering, environmental and construction activities including management of environmental assessment processes and construction/engineering management for traditional and alternate delivery projects;
- Development of project budgets based on bottom up cost estimates, understanding of market conditions, cost of risk, schedule implications to costs, site constraints, contractual terms and conditions, financing and life cycle costs;
- Review of project work by others and suggestions for modifications to optimize the project to meet clients’ requirements;
- Establishment of project requirements for inclusion in the project agreement including asset performance, risk allocation and warranties;
- Development of project contracting strategies including packaging of work to optimize performance as well as P3, design-build, design-build-finance, construction management and design assist delivery models;
- Participation in procurement processes including reviewing of technical proposals and financial close considerations;
- Establishing and implementing cost and schedule controls for all elements of a project including the owners’ project management office, property acquisition and construction;
- Contract management during construction including payment, change orders and quality management;
- Field reviews; and
- Project close out discussions, negotiations and documentation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in the production of construction cost estimates with a sound understanding of how heavy civil projects are constructed;
- Proficiency in the application of Microsoft Excel, Project and other project management related software;
- Experience in a consulting engineering environment is an asset;
- High productivity, attention to detail, effective verbal and written communication skills; and
- An ability to work well in a team environment.
- Degree in engineering from an accredited university
- Registration in good standing as an engineer in British Columbia, Canada is preferred;
- Around 10+ years’ experience in the construction/civil engineering industry;
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer is a highly regarded specialist project management, engineering, cost and risk management consultancy based in Vancouver, Canada.
They benefit from having an excellent reputation and forward order book of confirmed work on a range of infrastructure, transportation, civil engineering and rail projects in Canada
In Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, they have live work with a number of public and private organisations.
A full client profile will be provided to applicants shortlisted for interview.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Generous salary of up to CAD$150k (GBPc88k)
20 days vacation per calendar year
Professional Membership fees
- Senior Project Manager Data Centres Singapore - Negotiable
- Senior Project Manager Data Centres Kowloon, Hong Kong - Negotiable
- Rail Senior Project Manager Vancouver, Canada - Dependant on Experience
- Senior Project Manager Aviation Toronto, Canada - Up to CAD$190,000
- Property Project Manager Cranfield, Bedfordshire - £45k - £56k + Package
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend