Senior QS/Cost Manager
A Senior Quantity Surveyor or Cost Manager is required to take responsibility for loan monitoring services with a reputable consultancy firm in Vancouver, British Columbia. Applications are welcome from high calibre, experienced loan monitoring candidates currently in Canada or who have the right to work in Canada.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor or Cost Manager job role will be to lead a team of cost and loan monitoring professionals, provide a range of technical expertise to ensure a variety of estimating and cost consulting services are delivered to clients in an efficient and effective manner.
You may work on a number of concurrent projects at different stages of completion, and handle a range of complicated situations to successful conclusion.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Senior Quantity Surveyor Cost Manager role will focus on business and client management of the Loan Monitoring service provision, but will also require an understanding and the management of staff working on the core service deliverables of:
- Preparing cash flow projection.
- Reviewing and providing advice on all cost items and contractor commitments.
- Reviewing project finance documents/conditions.
- Assisting the developer with agreement of lender requirements.
- Performing site inspections and taking photos to evidence progress and potential issues.
- Reviewing the project documents to assess the feasibility of the developer’s budget and give independent opinion on the overall project budget. Through this review, you will identify any associated risk factors, including monitoring these additional risks as the project continues.
- Interacting with consultants and trade contractors in a professional manner.
- Occasionally supervising and managing junior Cost Consultants performing loan monitoring and lender technical advisor job duties.
- Communicating with developer’s team on potential cost overruns and schedule delays and attempt to pre-agree the budget or schedule adjustments before reporting to the lender.
- Checking designs meet legal and quality standards by relying on consultant reports.
- Providing opinion on the adequacy of the contingency reserves.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor Cost Manager will also take full responsibility for:
- Manage the delivery and update of agreed cost plans.
- Supervising and checking cash flow projections.
- Checking the project budget and time schedules.
Desired Skills and Experience
Suitable loan monitoring candidates will come from a Professional Quantity Surveying, or similar, background. They will be able to demonstrate experience and evidence of working at a Senior Consultant level within the cost management and loan monitoring/lenders technical advisor sector.
Applicants that have a relevant construction degree such as quantity surveying or cost management or commercial management will be of the greatest interest.
Professional membership of the RICS, CIQS, PQS or a similar equivalent professional body is preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
This employer that provides an outstanding Loan Monitoring service to banks and developers is a development consultancy based in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
Full details of this exceptional cost and Loan Monitoring consultancy and the fantastic long term career prospects will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.