Senior Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Cost Manager to work out of the Manchester office of a leading international cost consultancy.
You will be a Senior Quantity Surveyor reporting to the director for cost management, managing projects in the commercial, health, residential, education, and mixed-use sectors up to £80m+.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports
- Working in the pre and post contract stages of construction projects
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving our specialist Value Management tea
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideally you will have experience in a consultancy environment
- Experience in the education and/or commercial sectors
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of client facing roles is required
- Degree in relevant construction discipline is strongly preferred
- Member of RICS is strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is a leading international cost consultancy working across all sectors of construction. They work on major projects in all locations on a national and international scale.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a 3% pension scheme, a company car, healthcare, and other benefits.