Senior Quantity Surveyor/EstimatorRef MAX8804 Consultant Steve Thomas Region Canada Location Ottawa, Canada Salary £90-125k Salary Band £60,000 to £149,999 TypePermanent Job Posted 16/12/2019 Status Active: Maxim working on candidate shortlist
An experienced, Senior Quantity Surveyor Cost Estimator is needed to join a top Canadian QS Quantity Surveying Consultancy. The role will be based in Ottawa, Canada
Suitable candidates will be experienced client side Quantity Surveyors / Estimators with the professional accreditation from Canada or the UK such as PQS, MRICS or CEC or equivalent
An experienced, Senior Quantity Surveyor Cost Estimator is needed to join a top Canadian QS Quantity Surveying Consultancy. The role will be based in Ottawa, Canada.
Suitable candidates will be experienced client side Quantity Surveyors / Estimators with the professional accreditation from Canada or the UK such as PQS, MRICS or CEC or equivalent. These acronyms relate to Designated Professional Quantity Surveyor, Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and the status of being Construction Estimator Certified.
They will be tasked with working on both Ottawa public sector and government building projects, as well as working remotely on Toronto projects that include aviation and rail related work
The position is for a Senior Quantity Surveyor who is experienced in running their own projects themselves from inception to completion.
It will require the ability to manage successfully the estimating and commercial aspect of many build projects across both the Ottawa and Toronto areas.
The hiring company work to supervise the development of projects from a cost point of view from pre construction, award of contract, post contract management through to completion in a number of key sectors of the construction industry, with a focus on:
Responsibilities and Duties
The position includes responsibilities throughout the pre-design, design and construction phases of each project.
Hands-on duties will involve:
- Responsibility for cost management from inception to completion of projects
- Management of capital expenditure budgets including cost management, planning and control and procurement advice
- Producing regular financial/cost reports including cash flow, actual/estimated variations, claims accounts and anticipated final values
- Managing estimating activities to take ownership of the final cost plan, including order of magnitude estimating and all design development estimating
- Value Engineering
- Bid Analysis
- Risk Assessment
- Management of the project cost team/s
- Negotiating with stakeholders including the Design Team, Architects and Contractors to resolve financial issues and requirements
- Reporting regularly to and on behalf of the Client to ensure successful delivery of all commercial aspects of projects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of running own projects from inception to completion with ultimate responsibility for providing cost management services
- Ability to work within and lead a team of cost managers to successfully deliver projects from pre-design stages to commercial completion
- Relevant senior level experience in North America is an asset
- Applicants with excellent quality Canadian or UK Quantity Surveying experience is required
- A degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Designated Professional Quantity Surveyor, Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or the status of being Construction Estimator Certified are strongly preferred professional accreditations
- Canadian permanent residents or those with permission to work status in Canada are preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A long established quantity surveying and project management consultancy based in Ottawa and Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
This well respected company provides ongoing cost advice and financial management expertise to their developer and government clients throughout the concept, design and construction stages of projects.
Their projects include many high profile building projects across the Ontario region. They run projects in the government, healthcare, institutional, transport and leisure sectors.
- Project Quantity Surveyor Cotai Strip, Macau - HK$40K-HK$55K
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Cotai Strip, Macau - HK$55K - HK$75K
- MEP QS Sydney, Australia - Circa AUD150K /yr
- Senior Quantity Surveyor and Estimator Greater Toronto, Ontario - £90-125k
- Senior Quantity Surveyor Epsom, Surrey - £40k - £60k + Benefits
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend