Senior Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Senior Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - London
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join a tier 1 construction consultancy in their busy central London office, taking a senior role on exciting public sector projects across London. You will gain fantastic project exposure as a Senior Quantity Surveyor and have the opportunity to thrive and progress into a company leadership role in the future.
You will work on projects in the public build sector including education, health, and defence projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will perform the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor, taking responsibility for start to finish project delivery, often with respect to larger complex commissions in the public sector.
- To act as the key client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management and quantity surveying service.
- You will be a Senior Quantity Surveyor who assists in business development, bid writing and work winning, utilizing market knowledge to fuel sector growth.
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports as the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving the specialist Value Management team
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Ensuring the production of monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to the client
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
- Working with Directors to construct bids for new work
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor working for a consultancy is desired, however Main Contracting experience is considered if you have pre-contract experience.
- A steady career path as a Quantity Surveyor is strongly preferred
- Experience in building project sectors is essential
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar is desired but not essential
- Full or on route to full membership of the RICS is strongly preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company is tier 1 construction consultancy offering a range of services to the construction industry. They provide project, cost and construction management for clients on an international basis, on some of the most iconic and interesting construction projects.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a leading benefits package including a health scheme and pension allowance.