Senior Quantity Surveyor
One of a number of Quantity Surveyor jobs we have available within our portfolio of international construction jobs, our client is seeking to appoint at the very earliest, a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join its expanding Bill of Quantities production unit based in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Our client’s business is continuing to grow as part of a planned expansion with total staff numbers to exceed 200 within the next 18 months as they grow their field of operations beyond its current territorial involvement.
The ideal candidate will therefore understand the skills needed in the requirement to produce accurate bills of quantities. It is essential that candidates will have spent a minimum of 5 years directly involved in construction while resident in the UK, Australia, New Zealand or other Western countries.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Proof reading of bills of quantities
- Verification of embedded logic within the bills for measured items of work
- Simple arithmetical checks on quantities
- Liaison with team members concerning compilation of bills of quantities
- Education of team members when necessary, concerning modern methods of construction
- Managing deadlines of bill production times with the administration team and other staff members
- Checking bills of quantities are produced to client expectations
- Mentoring team members as the demand for the services increases
Desired Skills and Experience
- Extensive knowledge and previous relevant involvement in Western countries construction
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Understanding of various methods of measurement to provide our clients the required bills of quantities
- Exceptional people management skills
- An outgoing gregarious personality
- Native quality spoken and written English language
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changed priorities
- Excellent organisational skills and experience of managing a team
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance
- Proficient in Excel
- Maintain company procedures and continually seek improvements
- Proven on-site experience
Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar relevant discipline
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Our client is a British managed QS consultancy which specialises in producing superior quality Bills of Quantities for clients globally from their first-class production studio based in Columbo, Sri Lanka.
They have a highly experienced and skilled workforce and they are seeking to appoint an energetic and self-motivated Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their production team and welcome applications from those individuals who have experience of working in UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and other western countries.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Accommodation allowance
- 20 days holiday plus local public holidays
- Health insurance
- Free food at lunchtimes from client’s in-house chef
- Discretionary bonus based on company performance
- Training and support to continue to develop