Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX6969 Job Posted 20/11/2017 Region London Location East London Salary £45,000-£60,000 Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A talented Senior Quantity Surveyor is needed to be part of a rail project for Crossrail in London.
The successful candidate will be working on a railway line from Stratford to Shenfield as part of Corssrail in East London.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts.
- Agreement of valuation dates and preparing, submitting and agreement of interim valuations in accordance with those dates.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes.
- Ensuring that all verbal instructions are confirmed and that all relevant notices are issued in connection with variations.
- Recognising and advising Site Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
- Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in working with large civil engineering projects preferred
- Previous employment with large construction companies beneficial
- A confident communicator with all members of staff; a team player.
- You must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ideally educated to degree level (BSc or higher) in Quantity Surveying or similar
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A major UK and international contractor working on a range of high profile civil engineering, infrastructure, rail and water sector projects.
They offer generous salary and benefits package & good training and career progression.
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend