Senior Quantity SurveyorRef MAX8776 Job Posted 11/09/2019 Region South East England Location Epsom, Surrey Salary £40k - £60k + Benefits Salary Band Up to £59,999 TypePermanent Consultant Stuart Hackett
A market leading global consultancy is searching for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work on exciting construction projects based out of their Epsom office in Surrey.
The hiring consultancy provide a range of consultancy services including cost consulting and commercial management services to it’s client base.
The successful candidate can expect to work out of a high quality, newly built Epsom based office which is conveniently located for travel by car or rail. You will work for a market leading consultancy with a strong corporate culture. Ideal for candidates looking for an employer with strong career prospects.
The hiring company work on large scale projects, typically within the built environment. They have a strong emphasis towards projects in the following sectors (but are not exclusive to):
- Local Government
- Residential property
Responsibilities and Duties
- Managing commercial aspects of commissions and/or projects including governance, fee management activities, together with internal job costings and resource requirements.
- Preparing fee proposals and bid submissions under guidance of senior colleagues.
- Manage the client relationship and service delivery on a project basis in conjunction with other colleagues
- Take the lead, setting the pace, and monitoring all work executed, at all stages to ensure that an accurate, professional and quality service is delivered to clients
- Play a key role in generating repeat business and new business opportunities/market opportunities
- Apply the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies
- Managing trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues, including undertaking performance and development reviews and mentoring/coaching less experienced colleagues
Desired Skills and Experience
- Thorough understanding of construction forms and techniques including construction costs, and ability to knowledgably advise the client.
- Strong customer management skills, including managing expectations.
- Ability to represent the company during bid interviews and strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent knowledge of a range of procurement options available in the industry.
- Good understanding of the principles of quality assurance.
- Good understanding of health, safety and environmental requirements applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Confident use of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages.
- Effective people management skills, including training and mentoring less experienced members of staff.
- Must be Degree qualified or hold a similar equivalent qualification
- Chartered member of a relevant professional body such as the RICS, CIOB, ICES
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The hiring company is a market leading Consultancy providing a rage of consultancy services to the construction industry. The business has offices throughout the UK and a strong overseas presence. They are widely regarded as a leading employer who can provide strong career progression opportunities.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
40k - £60k Salary
Recommend this job to a friend
and get a £500-£1000 cash reward for successful matches.Recommend a friend