Senior Quantity Surveyor
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join the Essex office (just outside the M25) of a renowned national construction and property consultancy to take the lead on local authority projects. You will be the Senior Quantity Surveyor responsible for the provision of pre and post contract services on projects in London and the South East. The company work on projects including education, health, residential, mixed-use, retail, hotels and other areas of the building sector.
You will predominantly work on local authority projects as the lead Quantity Surveyor.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Taking projects from feasibility stage through to completion
- Taking the lead on projects you are involved in, being fully responsible for the cost management process
- Management/mentoring of Junior Quantity Surveyors
- Act in a client facing role, assisting in bringing in new business
- Preparation of tender reports
- Analysis and evaluation of tender reports
- Handling post tender qualification documents and procedures
- Negotiation and contract formulation
- Reviewing the preparation of cost plans
- Preparation of recommendations for award for contractor packages
- Attending meetings with clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- Shown experience for a professional quantity surveying firm is essential
- Shown ability to take ownership of a project from feasibility stage through to final account as a Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Shown ability to be client facing and deliver services consistently to a high standard
- Good communication skills
- Ambition to help the company grow
- Management or mentoring of Junior Quantity Surveyors is preferred but not essential
- Degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or RICS accredited course is strongly preferred
- MRICS qualified is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The company are a multi-disciplinary construction and property consultancy that provide consultancy services in sectors that include education, health, mixed use, residential, leisure, industrial, commercial offices, retail and sports stadiums. The company operates offices spreading from London to Leeds so offer a national service with local expertise.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
The company offer a car allowance on top of a competitive basic salary, as well as other benefits such as health, pension, and bonus scheme.