Senior Quantity Surveyor
We have been retained by Chun Wo Development Holdings, an established and successful construction, engineering and property development business operating in Hong Kong and throughout Asia, to appoint high calibre individuals to join and be pivotal players in the growth and on-going success of the group.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Project post contract administration
- Subcontractor management
- Manage and check all contract arrangements within your area of responsibility to and from the client and subcontractors.
- Report the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting to the Commercial Manager
- Assessment and issue of interim / final payments and invoices both upstream and downstream;
- Valuation of variations and settlement of final accounts upstream and downstream;
- Issuance of contractual notification and letters of entitlement;
- Prepare and issue monthly commercial cost reports.
- Analysis actual costs breakdowns against budgets and tenders
- Assist with the collation and preparation of claims if required
- Identification and control of risks and opportunities
- Manage and supervise less junior staff on the project team
Desired Skills and Experience
6 years minimum relevant experience in civil / waterworks / Building / Building Maintenance projects, preferably gained from a main contracting organization;
Understanding and awareness of contractual responsibilities both of Chun Wo and our Subcontractors
A Strong team player and able to work under pressure;
Excellent problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills;
Good communication and interpersonal skill;
Well-versed in MS Office;
Good command of English and Chinese.
Candidates with less experience will be considered as Project Quantity Surveyor
Degree holder in QS or related disciplines
Professional qualification in RICS / HKIS or equivalent
Employing Company Overview and Profile
Chun Wo Development Holdings Ltd is a construction, engineering and property development business founded in 1968, listed on the HKSE in 1993 and next year will celebrate 50 years of providing innovative, responsible and sustainable solutions to the construction and property industry in Hong Kong and throughout Asia.
From an extensive in country local knowledge and an unwavering focus to deliver on its promises to achieve the best outcomes in safety, cost, quality and time, the group has responsibly diversified to provide civil and build construction services for both stand alone and large scale integrated construction projects, M&E and fit out, maintenance services and is a trusted brand in luxury property development both locally and overseas.
At the core of the group’s success, naturally, is it people and Chun Wo strives to create a fun, challenging and performance driven business culture where imagination, skill and high standards are rewarded and its people are constantly challenged to find and follow a better way and aspire to excel!. Career development resources, initiatives and tools are provided each step of the way to achieve these desired outcomes.
The group is seeking to appoint the very best talent to help its journey continue to become a major force in Asia and expand alliances across the region. Maxim has been retained to provide recruitment support and invites motivated and imaginative candidates to get in touch and explore this excellent career opportunity.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
Attractive salary package and benefits available to the successful candidate.