Senior Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- Taking an important section/Senior QS role a major project in Hong Kong to completion on site and to final account & claims.
- Manage and check all contract arrangements within your area of responsibility to and from the client and sub-contractors.
- Review subcontractor tender documents
- Report the project financial position including monthly cost value reconciliations and project forecasting to the project Commercal Manager
- Draft appropriate contract documents, notifications and letters of entitlement & have them checked by others in the commercial team on site.
- Take an involvement in the supervision of the pricing of major variations and extra works & follow through to the receipt of payment
- Assist the Project Commercial Manager in the preparation of full commercial reports for presentation to company directors
- Provide contractual, financial and commercial advice to the project team working with the Project Commercial Manager where necessary;
- Assist with the collation and preparation of claims as required
- Identification and control of risks and opportunities
- Regular communication with project colleagues to ensure project delivery
Desired Skills and Experience
- Fluent Cantonese and English language skills essential
- Good level of experience working as a Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor working for a Main Contractor on large scale projects
- Experience of working on MTR projects is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent is required.
- MRICS, HKIS, or equivalent professional membership/qualification is preferred.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
A major international building & civil engineering contractor with a great reputation for delivering major projects in Asia.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- Salary circa HK$50,000 - HK$70,000 p/m
- Attractive Benefits
- Travel allowance
- Medical insurance
- Alternative Saturday working hours
- Generous bonus scheme