Senior Quantity Surveyor
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the procurement process with the relevant construction manager and purchasing department
- Manage all the procurement tools management packages
- To make the tender package based on scope provided by the Project Manager
- Acting as the Project Contracts Manager for the project
- The valuation / payment process with clients and subcontractors
- Supporting the team with any contractual matters
- Subcontractor management
- Working with the Project Manager to bring the project in on time with a high level of quality and on budget
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience as a Senior Quantity Surveyor in a main contractor.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Demonstrates strong attention t o detail and produces accurate work.
- Communicates information and ideas proactively and confidentially in a way which is received positively, both verbally and in writing. Shares knowledge with others.
- Manages time effectively
- Degree or other technical qualification.
- RICS / CIOB qualification.
Employing Company Overview and Profile
You will be joining a top tier main contracting company who are a global force in the building, civil works, energy and services sectors. The hiring company in the UK has 10 offices around the UK with circa 1,700 employees in total and a turnover of over £800m and growing year on year.