Senior Quantity Surveyor
Summary of Senior Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy - London (mainly central)
A Senior Quantity Surveyor is required to join the transport division of a top tier international construction consultancy in London to work on rail projects and networks. You will gain fantastic project exposure as a Senior Quantity Surveyor working out of a clients office, and have the opportunity to thrive and progress in the future with this international consultancy.
- You will be working on rail projects as a main focus, taking on a senior role initially based in a client’s office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To perform the role of Senior Quantity Surveyor, often on larger complex commissions.
- To act as a key client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a premium cost management and quantity surveying service.
- Conducting feasibility studies and writing procurement reports as the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Applying Value Management techniques at the outset of a project and where appropriate involving the specialist Value Management team
- Managing estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that cost checking and valuation work is managed effectively
- Value engineering and life cycle costing
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor for a Consultancy or Client organisation is essential
- A steady career path as a Quantity Surveyor
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the rail sector is strongly preferred
- Working with familiar forms of contract such as NEC or ICE (not limited to)
- Pre and Post Contract experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Quantity Surveying or similar is desired but not essential
- Full or on route to full membership of the RICS or InstCES is preferred
Employing Company Overview and Profile
The employer is a leading international construction consultancy with offices worldwide. The company work on major projects in all sectors and are considered a market leader in delivering some of the largest and most prestigious construction projects worldwide.
Additional Benefits Package and Incentives
- The company offer a competitive benefits package.